Remita Biller – Receiving & Making Payments
Are you just hearing of Remita? Do you want to know how to make payments with Remita?
Remita is an electronic platform where individuals and organizations receive and make payments easily. It is a platform developed in Nigeria 100% by SystemSpecs and authorized by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Developed to international standards and to meet the needs of individuals and organizations, it has been voted many times as Nigeria’s software of the year.
How to Pay Federal Government Bills Using Remita
Remita is used by organizations such as Government and its agencies, microfinance and commercial banks, schools and other educational institutions, corporate organizations, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), Hospitals and other health institutions, NGOs, service companies, etc.
Also, individuals now have control of their finances from the comfort of their homes or offices through their mobile phones with the recent release of the Remita app on Android and IOS.
Remita processes transactions worth over 500 billion naira monthly and over 30 billion dollars annually.
Remita is in partnership with about 20 commercial banks and 400 microfinance banks. Commercial banks in partnership with Remita include Ecobank, Access Bank, First Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB), Zenith Bank, Fidelity Bank, First City Monument Bank (FCMB), etc.
With Remita, you can:
- Make a payment from all your bank accounts through a single platform
- Receive payments through credit/debit cards, branches of banks across Nigeria, and other channels.
- Automate payment of salary, send e-payment notifications and payslips to staff of an establishment or organization
- Monitor your transactions
- Access all your bank accounts through a single platform.
However, this article will focus on making payments with Remita. A Remita biller/merchant is an individual or organization registered to receive payment through Remita.
You may need to be registered on Remita to make payments to individuals not using Remita and receive payments through Remita as a biller. You can create a business or personal account on the platform.
How to Make Payment with Remita
- Visit https://www.remita.net and click “sign up”
- Fill in the required details and submit; you will receive an email containing your login details
- Print the registration form sig,n, then take it to your bank for activation.
- With your details, log in to Remita, change your password, complete other details such as biodata and bank details, and click the “submit button.”
How to Generate Remita code for payment
To make payments with Remita, there are two ways to it:
- If you are a registered user:
- Visit https://www.remita.net and log in with your details
- Click the “payment menu,” select the payment type, and then follow the on-screen commands.
- As a non-registered user:
- Go to https://www.remita.net and click “pay salaries,” or “pay vendors and supplies,” or “pay family and friends.”
- Complete the following form and select “proceed to payment” to generate a Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) code.
- Using the R, make payment via your preferred payment option, which may be online banking, through a bank branch or cards or wallets, and other options.
Features of Remita
- It stores your transaction history and makes it available for viewing at any point in time.
- Regardless of the channel used, all payments made by customers or citizens (as the case may be) are presented to the biller (i.e., the organization involved) in a single view with clear and adequate descriptions.
- Payment can be made through Remita either in bank branches or online
- Payments can be sent to billers for any number of items.
Benefits of Remita
- It is a secure e-payment and e-collection platform that prevents fund mismanagement, leakage, diversion, and compromise.
- It gives you detailed access to your bank account(s) at anytime.
- It helps to save time and stress
- It makes the business transaction faster
Remita Mobile Application
The full version of the Remita mobile app developed by SystemSpecs was released for Android and Apple users in July 2018.
The release came after its beta version was released in March of the same year.
This App has presented Nigerians who own accounts in any commercial bank with the opportunity to send money, pay bills of various kinds, view account balances across all banks, manage expenses, and generally be in control of their finances in the comfort of their homes or offices.
Coupled with some features accompanying the beta release, users of the entire App will enjoy some new features that will make making payments to others more straightforward and faster, managing both business and personal accounts and accessing their payslips.
Security of transactions was prioritized in developing this App through some industry security measures and other security layers installed.
The mobile App can be downloaded on the Google Play store, and for Apple users, here is the link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/remita/id1234598058.
This is all about making payments through Remita.