Are you searching for a sample to help you write a good marketing plan for your organic farming business?
I would be sharing with you, in this article, a detailed guide to assist you in writing a marketing plan for your organic farm.
Well, I believe I do not need to let you in on what a marketing plan is. So, let us head on to the marketing plan properly.
Organic Farming Marketing Plan PDF Sample
Our Products and Services
Franklin Woods Organic farm is an organic farm that is committed to providing its products and services to customers all over the United States. Franklin Woods Organic farm will be located in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
The following are the products we will be offering for each season throughout the year:
- Green Onions
- Several varieties of Lettuce
- Green Onions
- Summer Squash
- Sweet Peppers
In the United States, the combined annual sales revenue in the industry exceeds over $205 billion. Demand in the industry is propelled by federal agricultural policy programs, the export market, and food consumption by individuals and households.
One notable trend in the industry is that the large organic farms have more advantages than the small farms as regards profits making. This is because the large organic farms have access to the modern and latest technology in seeds and crops than the small farms.
Franklin Woods Organic farm will be focused on offering its products and services to the following groups:
- Companies that rely on organic farm products for raw materials.
However, our major target market comprises individuals and households with more than $40,000. From our research, we have been able to conclude that more than 45% of our target population is made up of these two (2) groups.
We have realized that there is some sort of stiff competition in the industry. Bearing this in mind, we have been able to carry out a thorough industry and market research to be able to determine areas we could be able to distinguish our organic farm business from the others.
The owners, Franklin and Catherine Woods, both have a wealth of experience in the organic farming business. Franklin and Catherine Woods have had more than twenty-five (25) years of combined experience working as operators in the industry.
This combined wealth of experience will make them stand out among other operators in the industry. Their abilities and experience will go a long way towards benefitting the farm in terms of managing crops, harvest, pack, and delivery.
One way we intend to take a hold of the market in the industry is by offering a variety of crop selections, all seasons, throughout the year. We are prepared to offer more than twenty-five (25) crop selections to our customers. Also, Catherine Woods had prepared a questionnaire to give to customers, asking them what they would prefer.
Also, Franklin Woods Organic farm has in place, several programs to reward and encourage their employees and customers. We want to make our employees feel like a family because that is what we truly are. Our philosophy will be well upheld by our employees. Our business philosophy is aimed at quality customer services. We want to make sure our customers are well satisfied all the time.
Sales and Marketing Strategy
We are in the organic farming business to make profits. Hence, we will not leave any stone unturned when it comes to promoting our organic farming business. We have been able to involve sales and marketing experts in our approach to setting out the various sales and marketing strategies for our organic farming business. The following are the various ways we intend to promote our organic farming business:
- First, we will start by introducing our organic farming business to the various groups that make up our target market.
- We have found out that word of mouth is the best advertising strategy for our organic farming business. We will make sure we make use of word of mouth, as well as encourage our employees, friends, and family to make use of word of the mouth to promote our organic farming business.
- We will create a website for our organic farming business where our customers could visit and see the latest information and development regarding our organic farm.
- We will not hesitate to promote our organic farming business on radio, television, social media sites, related business magazines, etc.
- Also, we will list our organic farming business on local business directories.
We are well aware that in the agricultural industry as a whole, the prices of products are often set by farmers based on their discretion. We will make sure we set the prices of our products at realistic figures.
But this does not mean we will reduce the prices of our products such that we do not make substantial profits. We will make sure the prices of our products are fair enough for the value that we offer our customers.
- Poultry Farming Marketing Plan Sample Template
- Agro Product Marketing Plan Sample Template
- Goat Farming Marketing Plan Sample Template
- Fish Farming Marketing Plan Sample Template