Are you looking forward to writing a marketing plan for your goat farming business, and are you uncertain about how to write it?
In this article, I will provide what you need to know about writing a good marketing plan for your goat farming business and a detailed sample to guide you.
First, let us understand what is supposed to be in a marketing plan.
Goat Farming Marketing Plan
The marketing plan section of your goat farming business is that part where you explain who your customers are, and all the various ways you intend to get your customers to buy your products and/or services.
Typically, the marketing plan should contain details of the following:
- Your business’ products and/or services
- Your business’ competitive advantage
- Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
Below is a detailed sample of a goat farming business marketing plan.
Products / Services
Thomas Matthews and Family Farms Ltd is a registered and licensed goat farming business that is committed to offering several products and services to customers in Provo, Utah, United States. Our products and services include the following:
- Boarding services
- Breeding services
- Livestock health services
- Sale of goat milk
- Dairy support services
- Sales of processed meat (beef)
One notable trend in the goat farming business is the fact that most goat farming business owners no longer focus solely on the rearing of goat, but have started combining goat rearing with crop cultivation and/or meat processing and packaging.
This in essence helps them to maximize profits in the business.
Our target market encompasses everyone; every product that comes from goat farming in one way or the other. The following groups primarily make up our target market:
- Individuals and householders
- Manufacturing companies
The goat farming business is one that generates a lot of income annually. For this reason, you will usually find lots of entrepreneurs venturing into this line of business.
Also, from our research on the available statistics, we have realized that there are so many goat farmers in the United States.
Also, the Government keeps encouraging people to go into commercial farming to increase the nation’s chances of exporting more food. Nonetheless, the industry is still not saturated.
But of course, there is the competition between the various goat farming businesses. It is in light of this that we have been able to carry out a feasibility study and come up with various ways in which we can seize the market.
One such way is making sure we carry out our goat farming processes effectively using reliable means to enable us to offer our products at competitive and reasonable market prices.
Another way is that we will ensure we cultivate good customer-relationship and build strong business networks.
We will make sure we provide special training programs for our employees to enable them to learn our business’ philosophy, which is “customer satisfaction above all else”.
Another way we intend to seize the market is by making sure we combine goat rearing with crop cultivation and meat processing and packaging.
We have realized from our feasibility study that lots of goat farmers in Utah do not focus on crop cultivation and meat processing and packaging.
And lastly, we will make sure we treat our staff right, providing them with employees incentive to motivate them to keep giving their best to helping us build our goat farming business into the formidable livestock farming business we desire it to become.
Sales and Marketing Strategy
From deep market analysis, we have been able to conclude that most goat farming businesses fail to make immense profits annually because they do not make their products available to a larger market.
We have resolved not to follow in that trend; hence we have devised several sales and marketing strategies to help us appeal to the larger market. They are as follows:
- First, we will ensure we build and strengthen our networks with several agricultural companies that rely on our products as raw materials for production.
- We will not fail to create business cards, flyers, and together with our brochure, hand them to prospective customers in various strategic locations within the United States.
- We will ensure we place adverts on food-related and business magazines and websites.
- We will make sure we enlist our goat farming business on local directories.
- We will ensure we always attend food expos, business fairs, seminars, etc, and seize the opportunity to promote our goat farming business.
- We will capitalize on the internet by promoting our goat farming business on social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- We will encourage our employees, friends & family to make use of word of the mouth in promoting our goat farming business.
Several factors will ensure we achieve our desired goal and annual sales revenue.
We want to ensure we do the best we can to cut the running costs as best as possible and ensure we attract customers to buy from our farm rather than taking our products to them.
In the goat farming business, we have realized that there is no particular benchmark price in the industry. This is partly due to the nature of the goat farming business where one could easily run at a loss.
However, we will make sure our prices are good enough to guarantee us good profits, and at the same time reasonable enough for our customers.