We will discuss the best books for starting a business in this article. For starting a business, you need advice. This advice comes from different perspectives suited to different situations.
Books are amongst the best resources you will ever need to start your business. Most of the world’s best entrepreneurs today avid readers. They read widely and also contribute to the literature on business.
This is meant to enable you to reap the best possible results from available knowledge on the requirements for doing business. As you read this, thousands of literature on business as well as other fields are being written. There will never be an end to the number of books written on this subject matter.
Before we list some of the best books for starting a business, we will cover other areas such as;
Can Entrepreneurs Create Reading Time Within their Busy Schedules?
This is one of the first questions asked by prospective entrepreneurs with the goals of starting a business. It is necessary to state clearly that without reading, you will experience little or no growth in your business. That is if you can start at all. The available literature on starting a business provides a wealth of experience you can exploit for the success of your business.
You get to learn the common loopholes you should avoid from people who have made such mistakes and learned from them. Reading gives you a wider perspective on the business world and also keeps you updated on current happenings within your specific area of interest. You also learn financial intelligence from such literature as well.
The Best Books for Starting a Business
Now to the main focus of this article, this section will provide a list of the best books required by any business owner. Whether your business is small or large-scale, these would prove invaluable in helping you expand. These have been recommended by great business leaders and include the following;
- The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage- By Daymond John
This book discusses why being broke is no barrier to how successful you can be in business. It is the story of how a budget of $40 translated into a $6 billion global brand.
- Crushing It! How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence-and How You Can Too- by Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary Vee discusses how you can create a strong brand, and why this is necessary for a successful business.
- Be Obsessed or Be Average- by Grant Cardone
Business mogul Grant Cardone rose from the ashes to establish a multi-million dollar business. You learn how to set and achieve daily goals, see your adversaries as an incentive to succeed, and spending money rightly.
- Lucky or Smart? Fifty Pages for the First-Time Entrepreneur- by Bo Peabody
Achieving entrepreneurial success at the young age of 27, multi-millionaire Peabody lists important questions you need to satisfactorily answer as an entrepreneur; do you consider your work lucky or smart? Is it innovative? And is it morally compelling?
- The E Myth Revisited: Why Most Small businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It- by Michael E. Gerber
In this book, entrepreneurs are guided through the complexities of establishing a business from its early stages to maturity. Common pitfalls are listed as well as what to do to avoid them.
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future- by Chris Guillebeau
This book reveals the reason why planning is more important than action, as well as the benefits of being a strong salesperson.
- The Art of the Start 2.0: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything- by Guy Kawasaki
Important lessons for entrepreneurs are provided in this book. This includes an easy to follow guide that is guaranteed to provide results if fully implemented. Important areas discussed include social media, cloud computing, marketing, and crowdfunding among others.
- Will It Fly? How to Know if Your New Business Idea Has Wings…Before You Take the Leap- by Thomas K. McKnight
This is among the best books for starting a business. His wealth of experience has been brought to bear in providing comprehensive checklists necessary for determining how viable your idea is.
- 32 Ways to Be a Champion in Business – by Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson
Practical ways of starting a business are included in this book. Such include building a strong brand, getting the best hands (employees), your business plan as well as case studies, and many more.
- Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits! : 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential-by Greg Crabtree
Including real-world examples are some of the ways Crabtree uses in teaching his readers basic and effective business strategies. Entrepreneurs are taught to set their sights on the bigger picture when it comes to financing.
- Think Big, Act Bigger: The Rewards of Being Relentless- by Jeffrey W. Hayzlett
Pushing towards your goals despite the odds is the message contained in this book. It encourages business owners to never be overwhelmed by circumstances but to always find a way by thinking differently.
- Change by Design –by Tim Brown
The focus of this literature is on how design impacts everything in business from productivity, organization, and efficiency. However big or small your business or business idea is, this book will provide you with lots of benefits.
These are some of the best books for starting a business you will find. They offer a wealth of experience in different aspects of business and enable you to successfully run your business by avoiding common pitfalls.
To become a successful business owner, it is necessary to read a lot of literature on business. This gives you a wider perspective on how to expand and efficiently run your business.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Starting a Business
- Small Shop Ideas – Successful Top 10 Retail Shop Opportunities
- How To Determine The Value Of A Small Business
- Criteria and Techniques in Selecting a Business Idea