DOC POPCORN Franchise Startup Cost, Profit & Opportunities
Doc Popcorn Franchise is a subsidiary of Doc Popcorn Development Inc. which a retail food company that produce and sell different varieties of natural freshly popped popcorns. It started as a small home based business in 2003 by Bob and Renee in their apartment in New York City.
READ: BONANZA STEAK AND BBQ FRANCHISE
In no time, the business became a huge success with 11 units of Doc Popcorn operating in Colorado. Encouraged by this growth, Bob and Renee decided to expand further and this led them to starting a franchise in 2009. There are three different franchise models available for franchisees to choose, they are Mobile PopCart, PopKiosk and PopShop.
MORE: KRISPY KREME FRANCHISE INFO
Doc Popcorn Franchise now has over 100 franchise units in more than 30 states. In 2015 and 2016 Entrepreneur Magazine ranked Doc Popcorn Franchise among the “Top Food Franchises” and the “Top Mobile Franchises”. Doc Popcorn Franchise pride itself as the largest franchised retailer of fresh popped popcorn in the world.
HOW MUCH DOES DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE COST?
If you want to start a Doc Popcorn Franchise, the minimum amount of money you will need is $80,000.
DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE FEE
The franchise fee that you will be required to pay ranges from $7,500-15,000. However, Doc Popcorn Franchise gives incentive to veteran franchisees. That incentive is15% off their franchise fee.
DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE STARTUP COST
For Doc Popcorn PopCart franchise model, the total amount of money that you will require to start it ranges from $39,000 to $121,335.
For Doc Popcorn PopKiosk or PopShop franchise model, the total amount of money that you will require to start it is between $111,500 and $345,050.
You will also be required to pay other fees like ongoing royalty fee which is 6% of the gross revenue and a monthly ad royalty fee which is %1 of the gross revenue.
DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE TRAINING AND SUPPORTS
Doc Popcorn Franchise offers variety of trainings and supports to their franchisee as a way to help them have a good understanding of the business. Some of the trainings and support Doc Popcorn Franchise provide are:
- The first training program Doc Popcorn Franchise offers their franchisees is called PopTraining Program. It is a comprehensive training program that last for 5 days or more depending on the type of Doc franchise model a franchisee decide to open. It is compulsory for every franchisees to attend and successfully complete the training before they can start their business. This is because, it is during the training that the franchisees learn the secret ingredients combination of producing variety of Doc Popcorn and every other thing they need to know about starting and running the business successfully.
- Doc Popcorn Franchise also provide an onsite training when franchisees open their shops. They also help franchisees train their staffs.
- Doc Popcorn Franchise provides support by helping franchises with the site selection process. They provide real estate team that work with their franchisees in selecting locations that meet the right standards and specifications.
- They also provide design and construction team who guide franchisees in constructing and designing their sites in accordance with the Doc Popcorn Franchise brand.
- Doc Popcorn Franchise assist their franchisees with their grand opening so that it can be done the right way.
- Another support Doc Popcorn Franchise offers their franchisees is marketing supports. They provide marketing team that help franchises create marketing strategies that is apt and effective for their locations.
- Even after the business has been established, Franchisees continue to enjoy support from Doc Popcorn Franchise. There is newsletters and periodic meeting that keeps the franchisees informed on the innovative ways to do their business. There is also toll free phone line that the franchisees can call anytime they have complains or need help.
FRANCHISE TERMS OF AGREEMENT /RENEWAL
The duration of the initial franchise agreement of Doc Popcorn Franchise is 5 years. If the franchisee decide to continue with the business and meets certain requirements set by the franchisor, then the franchise agreement can be renewed for 2 additional consecutive terms of 5 years each.
HOW MUCH DOES A DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE MAKE?
Doc Popcorn Franchise does not publish their earnings to the public so, there is no definite way to determine the amount of money they make. However, we can infer from the success and growth of the business that Doc Popcorn Franchise makes good profit.
HOW TO OPEN A DOC POPCORN FRANCHISE
With all the information provided above, by now you ought to have decided if Doc Popcorn Franchise is suitable for you. So, if you are very interested in starting a Doc Popcorn Franchise, the first step you will need to take is to visit their website at www.docpopcornfranchising.com where you will be required to fill a form. After filling and submitting the form, you will wait for their reply on the next step to take.